Rapid 3D Modelling
With the advent of rapid data acquisition via photogrammetry and cloud point technologies, it is now possible to quickly use the data as a guide to building true 3D environments. This is particularly helpful where old structures need remedial work or are being upgraded and there are no design drawings available.
The dataset is typically imported into a 3D modelling package and is used as the backbone to define the CAD drawing for the structure that needs to be replicated. Where the dataset is very accurate, such as lidar, the design team can use the data to base engineering work upon it.
- Disputes are costly and time-consuming. Are you doing everything you can to avoid disputes originating?
- As an organisation that awards contracts, are you giving your contractors enough information to quote effectively?
- As a contractor, do you have sufficient detail on the assets you are involved with?
- If your dispute ends in court, how do you explain complex, multi-faceted physical problems to a lay audience to ensure the right result?
- Asset models and RFPs based on the model information can be more accurately draughted removing 'grey areas' - reducing the initial risk of a dispute
- Similarly, contractors can bid more accurately due to greater information
- Existing dispute detail can be easily communicated (visually) to increase the chances of a correct resolution
- The Bionic Group has a long history of providing 3D models to help support or refute claims easily in the civil courts